Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Bowl Pick



I know I'm pretty late with posting my Super Bowl pick, but I guess it's better to be late than never.  Looks like the final line in Vegas has the Broncos as a 2.5 point favorite.  While it absolutely wouldn't shock me to see the Broncos win and cover the spread, I'm going to pull a Lee Corso and say "No so fast my friend."  I'm riding the Seahawks train and have them winning 23-21 (my little attempt at using Seahawks colors, and for those who may have bad eyes or color blind, I have the Seahawks winning 23-21).

I believe more times than not a good defense beats a good offense.  I've learned the good way when the Patriots stymied the Rams and "The Greatest Show on Turf" and I have learned the hard way when the Giants held the Patriots in check in the Super Bowl when the Pats were looking to go 19-0.  Another reason I like the Seahawks is because they are a run first offense and as a result I think they will be able to control the clock more.  Granted I said the same thing about the Patriots going into the Broncos game 2 weeks ago, and the Pats failed at running the ball, but I do think the Pats abandoned the run too early, whereas I see the Seahawks sticking to their game plan and keep feeding Marshawn Lynch the rock.  As a result of this I'am also picking Lynch to win the MVP.  I think he will get over 100 yards and at least 1 touchdown.


On a more subjective level, as a TB12 and Patriots fan, I do not want to see Peyton Manning win and the love fest that would ensue afterwards.  Also I like the Seahawks uniforms.  Hell of a color scheme.  If I didn't have an NFL team that I rooted for already, hands down I'd pick the Seahawks based on their uniforms alone.  And finally I am picking the Seahawks because I'd love to see how this Seattle power couple would celebrate their team hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

No comments: